During landscaping professionals have to face a number of challenges posed by weather, land and nature. Special steps must be taken to prevent sedimentation and soil erosion.
Eco Groundworks uses Rolled Erosion Control Blankets in order to provide soil erosion protection and assist in the establishment of vegetation on moderate slopes where bare ground seeding or loose mulches seem to be of no good use.
Rolled Erosion Control Blankets have many great environmental-friendly attributes like:
- They limit soil erosion
- They protect seed and seedlings during heavy winds and rainfall allowing better vegetation establishments
- They retain soil moisture, which in turn promotes seed germination
Usually, people don’t pay so much attention to erosion control, but it is really important if you want to keep your landscape looking beautiful and appealing always. For more details feel free to contact Eco Groundworks.
Hydroseeding can be described as the process of mixing fertilizer, seed, tackifier and wood or paper fiber-mulch with water in right proportions inside a tank, then spraying the mixture on the field.
Hydroseeding is also termed as hydro-mulching or hydraulic mulch seeding. Hydroseeding is really effective because the seed is suspended in nutrient rich slurry. The mulch layer seals in the moisture and keeps the seed in place and acts like a mini-greenhouse effect. It is a completely environment friendly approach.
Benefits of Hydroseeding
- HydroSeedingShort planting time: seeding using this technique is generally quick. This process enables quick plating even when planting in huge space.
- Erosion control: This process is very effective in reduction of erosion on hillside lawns and sloping areas.
- Less expensive than sod: As compared to planting with sod, Hydroseeding is cheaper.
- Easy to maintain and high germination rates: The results are generally quick with very high germination rates. The mulch maintains the moisture around the planted seed and as a result, the rate of germination is increased.